This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do jews get special treatment on google?
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM

That is very interesting, and it just makes me like Google even more. 1. Because they don't censor our results even if it may offend an entire race of people 2. Because they took the time to explain their position instead of appearing indifferent. Here's a piece of the explanation:
------------ ---------------- ------------- -------------- ----------- ---------
"If you use Google to search for "Judaism," "Jewish" or "Jewish people," the results are informative and relevant. So why is a search for "Jew" different? One reason is that the word "Jew" is often used in an anti-Semitic context. Jewish organizations are more likely to use the word "Jewish" when talking about members of their faith. The word has become somewhat charged linguistically, as noted on websites devoted to Jewish topics such as these:

http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~mendele/vol01/vol01.174
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/jonah081500.asp

Someone searching for information on Jewish people would be more likely to enter terms like "Judaism," "Jewish people," or "Jews" than the single word "Jew." In fact, prior to this incident, the word "Jew" only appeared about once in every 10 million search queries. Now it's likely that the great majority of searches on Google for "Jew" are by people who have heard about this issue and want to see the results for themselves."
------------ --------------- --------------- --------------- ---------- -----------
The explanation makes sense to me, and it turns out it's correct, because the asker obviously holds Anti-Semitic beliefs and actually was searching for "Jew" instead if "Jewish" or "Judaism".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - drshorty - 05-20-2014, 09:44 AM
[] - rabbit - 05-20-2014 09:54 AM
[] - Steps - 05-20-2014, 10:01 AM
[] - ayup me ole china - 05-20-2014, 10:02 AM
[] - Juggling Frogs - 05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
[] - 593 - 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
[] - Taylor L - 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM