This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do jews get special treatment on google?
05-20-2014, 10:14 AM

I didn't know about this, but you're right. That notice comes up for "Jew" but not for a few "popular" hate words I tried.

My first thought was that this must be because a number of people complained, and if others had complained, other words would get the same treatment. Maybe so.

But on second thought, I realized that the word "Jew" *is* different, and warrants different treatment.

If you type the "n-word" in the search engine, you're searching for something you expect to be offensive. If you type "kike" in the search engine, you're expecting to find references to hate speech.

If you type "Jew" in the search engine, you could be looking for legitimate Jewish sites, or you could be looking for information about the word as it is used for hate speech (as either a fan or foe of hate speech.)

There are so many hateful websites that use "Jew", that the non-hateful, legitimate sites can be difficult to find.

So, I think Google, whose mission is to provide useful search information, is trying to help sort it all out for us. (pun unintentional)

I think this notice speaks for Google's integrity (not to muck with the search results, no matter how offensive) and their sensitivity (to publicly disassociate themselves with the offensive material).

Kudos to Google for working it out this way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - drshorty - 05-20-2014, 09:44 AM
[] - rabbit - 05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
[] - Steps - 05-20-2014, 10:01 AM
[] - ayup me ole china - 05-20-2014, 10:02 AM
[] - Juggling Frogs - 05-20-2014 10:14 AM
[] - 593 - 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
[] - Taylor L - 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM