This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend wants me to change myself and calls me selfish for not wanting to...?
05-22-2014, 11:27 AM

You made a drunken mistake, which he seemed to be ok with at the time after all if he didn't want you to kiss other people by playing spin the bottle why did he join in on the game too? Sounds like he preaches one thing and does another. He sounds very insecure and controlling and he really shouldn't be given you a hard time for wearing make-up or going out with your friends. The fact that he checks your facebook also suggests he doesn't trust you, even though he tells you it's others he doesn't trust around you.
You have been with this guy 6 months, get out now before it's too late. Don't wait 5 years down the line where he has completely changed you and damaged your self-esteem and confidence. If he really cared for you he wouldn't want to change you, after all aren't you the same girl he fell for 6 months ago, why should you have to change? If anybody needs to change it needs to be him, he needs to address his selfish and controlling ways and realise he cannot treat his girlfriend this way. My advice would be to tell him to either let you life your live without him controlling you and to treat you better, or you will find another guy who will treat you the way you should be treated and who will love you for you. If he cared about you he'd shape up, if not follow through on your threat and actually leave him. Don't be stuck with somebody who is going to bring you down. For the record, your not selfish at all it is him being selfish he needs to get over his own insecurities.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Duje - 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
[] - Donna S - 05-22-2014, 11:01 AM
[] - doug - 05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
[] - ortizj1413 - 05-22-2014, 11:22 AM
[] - kate - 05-22-2014 11:27 AM
[] - John - 05-22-2014, 11:29 AM