This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Married but very lonely, any support groups for this that aren't about hooking up?
05-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Have you tried NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness)? I have a close friend who developed Schizophrenia as an adult (talk about an unlucky chemical imbalance in the brain!) and she volunteers a lot of her time there when she's well. They have MANY support groups for family members...and for those suffering from mental illness, too.

Also, you can create your own group on sites like facebook. I have a chronic neurological pain disorder and I wanted a support network so I found other people with my illness via national groups and local organizations and invited a few until we had a nice group going.

And as a side note...Have you shared your lonely feelings with your wife? Have you told her how much it would mean to you if she had sex with you more often? How it would make you feel loved and close to her and less lonely? She may need to hear it from you as she can't read your mind.

Best wishes to you both.

P.S. I forgot to mention earlier: When you create a group on fb, you can designate it as "secret", meaning that others outside of your group won't be aware of your group's presence or what is posted there. Or at least I believe that's the terminology/way it works. If/ when you create the group you'll see your choices.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - CJ@ATL - 05-30-2014, 06:34 PM
[] - ? - 05-30-2014, 06:38 PM
[] - Liza2 - 05-30-2014 06:43 PM
[] - K8 - 05-30-2014, 06:59 PM
[] - Sarah - 05-30-2014, 07:10 PM