This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I plan on donating my teenage daughter's clothes to local charity. What do you think?
05-31-2014, 03:28 AM

You're going to deprive her of her clothes because she won't give you her password or delete her twitter account? What has she done online that's so awful you want the password and want her off of twitter? You haven't said.

And until you do, your plan sounds like immature, petty revenge to me. Not worthy of a intelligent parent.

Teenagers do deserve some privacy. Parents have to allow this gradually, over time, so that both parties can prepare for the day when the parents won't have any rights at all where their children are concerned. If your daughter is misusing her privacy online and you know this for sure, then allow her to use the computer only in a room where you can walk back and forth and see exactly what she is doing. Do not let her use it in her room. But forget this clothing plan. It would really make you look bad.

Edit: Frankly, your updates strongly suggest that you are not grown up enough to be a parent. It's a pity you had a child. Your daughter shouldn't be lying about her password, I'll certainly agree with that, but if I had you for a mother, I suspect I might feel forced to lie. You are clearly the person in need of a psychologist, but I'll also recommend family counseling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John P - 05-31-2014, 02:46 AM
[] - Amanda - 05-31-2014, 03:02 AM
[] - L - 05-31-2014, 03:15 AM
[] - Lili - 05-31-2014 03:28 AM
[] - All hat - 05-31-2014, 03:40 AM