This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get over my crush?
05-31-2014, 06:28 PM

- Find people who know what you're feeling. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're in the middle of a crush, but plenty of other people have been down this path before you.
- Admit you have a crush. Before you can get over a problem, you have to acknowledge that it exists. Allow yourself to say you have a crush, and to experience all the complicated emotions that go with it.
- Tell your crush. If you're certain they're mature and capable of understanding what you're going through, find a time when you can talk to them about it.
- Acknowledge defeat. Maybe the person you're crushing on is already in another relationship, or you're separated by thousands of miles of distance.
- Separate yourself from your crush. If you can, try to give yourself some breathing room away from the object of your affection.
- Meet some new people. If your crush is always hanging out in your current group of friends, try broadening your social horizons.
- Take care of yourself. Use this time to step back and re-evaluate ways you can improve your own life, instead of devoting all that mental capital to your crush.
- Be wary of relapsing. Getting over a crush is hard work, and if it took you several months to become infatuated, it might take long to dig yourself back out.
- Avoid becoming bitter. Demonizing your crush might help you get over it in a short-term way, but it's not a long-term solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I get over my crush? - Mindy - 05-31-2014, 05:56 PM
[] - may - 05-31-2014, 06:08 PM
[] - Annie - 05-31-2014, 06:23 PM
[] - John - 05-31-2014 06:28 PM