This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is your popularity on FB a fair representation of real life?
06-11-2014, 04:39 PM

To answer your question, is FB a fair representation of real life? Absolutely not!
Lets think about this clearly, if 'i actively partake in interactive online gaming, on a daily basis, i am naturally going to have a lot of notoriety.......now whether good,bad or indifferent, my notoriety exists in this interactive gaming world only, no where else. If i actively partake in FB and use this forum as my main source of connection to the faces and places around me, i am going to have a lot friends (or people who want to be my friend). Again, good, bad or indifferent, my FB friends, whether a lot or little, are just FB friends. Everyone has their reasons as to why they FB and others (and there are many) have their reasons why they don't FB.
Listen, you shouldn't judge people by how active they are on FB, or any social networking sites.
The person that gets 30 comments from a generic statement is a person who has a lot of friends that actively partake in FB. These people are usually the ones that don't have a life (or need to get a life) because think about it, why would they comment on something as boring as, "I think I'll have a pear".
Moreover, friendships are not based on how many times someone comments on someone elses wall. And the number of comments one receives from others does not dictate their popularity.
I'm not sure on your age, but i'm guessing somewhere in your teens. In any case, I understand your plight, as you are full of angst. But as Hans and Frans, from the old Saturday Night Live would say, "...hear me now and believe me later......
A friend is someone you can depend on. Someone who you can talk to. A friend could be anything like a person, dog or cat. Whatever a friend is it doesn't matter as long as it's your friend and they make you happy!

:Diesel

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - undiesel - 06-11-2014 04:39 PM