This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to manage wireless speed on airties router?
06-12-2014, 04:39 AM
How to manage wireless speed on airties router?
Hi.

I use an Airties 5452 at my home for my internet connection with a 20/1 download/upload speed.

Connected by cable to the router is my desktop and laptop docking station. In addition there are several smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart-tv's and consoles connected to the router by wireless connection.

My wish is to allow for a stable connection on my desktop. As it is right now all the wireless units sometimes consume a lot of the connection speed, which results in not being able to stream steadily on my desktop. My hope therefore is to be able to make a configuration of some sort on the router, which limits the wireless units to a speed of for example 15/1. An alternative configuration could be to garauntee a minimum speed of for example 5/0.8 on units connected through cable.

My hope is to set up this configuration in the router itself and not use any software. I have tried searching the internet for tutorials but have not found any for Airties 5452 routers, and I have also tried tutorials for other routers to see if I could tweak them to work on my router. Unfortunately I was unsuccesful at this.

Is there anyone here who has experience or knowledge on how to manage or implement a solution to my problem?

Kind regards,

Rune

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to manage wireless speed on airties router? - 997 - 06-12-2014 04:39 AM
[] - To Serve - 06-12-2014, 04:44 AM
[] - Allen J. - 06-12-2014, 04:56 AM