This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My browser has been locked?
06-12-2014, 07:35 PM

It's a malware virus called ransomware. It pretends to be an official government agency threatening arrest if you don't pay the "fine", which is a ransom payment to unlock your computer. Use an uninfected computer to look up instructions on how to get rid of that particular one. When you're able to get to your desktop again, install Malwarebytes' Antimalware and also Spybot Search & Destroy and run both to do a full scan. When you're done, update your antivirus software or, if it was already up to date, dump it and get something better.

"Carling" has some very good advice to look into getting a different, Linux-based operating system. Linux is extremely secure and there are virtually no viruses/trojans/etc. out there that can affect it (maybe one or two, I don't know). Also there are hundreds of different varieties to choose from. I use KDE/openSUSE and like it very much. When I have a program that requires Windows to run, I have a virtual machine running windows so the program thinks it's on an actual windows computer, but it's all sitting securely within Linux (and the virtual machines aren't granted internet access, so they can never get infected or reach the internet if they do).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My browser has been locked? - 979 - 06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
[] - DeMoNsLaYeR575 - 06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
[] - Whut? - 06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
[] - Comicbook Reader - 06-12-2014, 07:02 PM
[] - Gintoki - 06-12-2014, 07:08 PM
[] - Carling - 06-12-2014, 07:21 PM
[] - Sky - 06-12-2014 07:35 PM