This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can my former landlord see what I'm doing on my laptop if we shared wireless at one point?
06-16-2014, 10:22 AM

Sorry for your paranoid state. Ok lets review . Only way they can see what you are doing is either

1. Remote desktop (hard to get running it comes with windows allows you to see another destop over internet)

2. Teamviewer (possible to use another computer over internet but it does not hide in the background and he would have to have access to your computer once to install the software.) 3.ammyy admin(does the same , gives you control of another persons computer, this one can run as a service and hide without you ever knowing its running, but still requires physicall access ) 4. BOK ( used by techservy people to monitor other people who are logged on to the internet . Its used by criminals. The software itself is easy and free to obtain. The software can be installed using a trojan hourse, thats like a virus.)

If they wanted to spy on you on the same lan they would have to figure out how to log into your system when you were connected to their wifi. If you have set up your computer wrongly this isnt so hard. I think two weeks would require someone with previous experience to crack that one.

The following link give a tutorial on using linux on the same wifi to get command prompt on win xp. From there you can add BOK and the machine is yours . I havent tried it but sounds abit scary

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/...p-0134709/

Be sure to run your anti-virus on the machine. Then search combofix & Malwaremalbytes should remove any hidden spying software.

Check out my blog http://asolutioncoltd.com/blog/index.php?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Cold Winter Night - 06-16-2014, 10:18 AM
[] - arthur - 06-16-2014 10:22 AM
[] - badyoungcat - 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM