This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In Chrome I Can't Change My Default Search Engine?
06-20-2014, 04:33 AM
In Chrome I Can't Change My Default Search Engine?
Okay I am having a bit of a problem here. My default search engine won't stop changing! It went from Google, to Yahoo, to Bing, to Search Dial, and every time I go to change it back to Google in the settings on Chrome it won't work. I go and set it as my default search engine, and open a new screen to see if it worked, but it is back to search dial. Then I check and see if it switched again and it says that it didn't. Google is still the default! I tried restoring the settings on my Chrome to their original settings but that didn't work either!

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I am missing something. I just want it to open back up to the Chrome New Tab page like it did when I first got Chrome because I had a theme set and all of my apps were there, but now I can't get back to it. It's really irritating!

Thanks if you answer! Big Grin
MikaSch I understand that Chrome is a Google operating system. And the only way I can get to Google is if I type in google.com and go directly to it. Otherwise it is Search Dial searching for me. I am wanting to get rid of search dial and only have Google do my searching for me. And I have done exactly what that link tells me to but it doesn't work. Search Dial still pops up when I search for things. Thanks for answering though! :3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
In Chrome I Can't Change My Default Search Engine? - 863 - 06-20-2014 04:33 AM
[] - MikaSch - 06-20-2014, 04:41 AM
[] - 276 - 06-20-2014, 04:47 AM