This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is asking someone to remove a photo of your dad's headstone from facebook rude?
06-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Let's say the post is JUST FOR "likes". Your cousin is an attention whore, in that case.

Let's say the post is a memorial post to show your cousin misses their uncle. I see nothing wrong with that.

In any event, a cemetery is a public place where anyone can view all grave sites. Facebook is a very public social network where many people can communicate. Put the two together and you have everyone's business out in the open for just about anyone to see.

It may seem insensitive to you to have your father's tombstone pictured on the internet, I get that, but I don't think there was any ill intent, even if they are using the photo to gain some "likes".

It is not like they are going to win a "like" reward by the "Like Police". What if they posted a photo of your father, would that also be offensive to you? Remember, your cousin lost an uncle the same time you lost your father. My aunt and uncles are my father's siblings and they are very special people to me, so I would naturally memorialize their death, perhaps in the same way that your cousin memorialized your father.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Linda R - 06-21-2014, 02:31 PM
[] - Anime Girl - 06-21-2014, 02:39 PM
[] - bluebellbkk - 06-21-2014, 02:53 PM
[] - Patricia - 06-21-2014, 02:55 PM
[] - Stop Using My Name - 06-21-2014, 03:08 PM
[] - Common Sense - 06-21-2014 03:11 PM