This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i find out which seo company has placed my company on front page of google?
06-22-2014, 04:16 AM

Yikes, Dan. It sounds like you were another in a long line of victims from this shady company, who often masquerades as Google itself.

It isn't likely that you can determine with any certainty what factors caused your listing to appear on the top of Google Maps unless it's an ad. If the listing is there from paid advertising, it should be labeled as "Sponsored":
http://searchengineland.com/google-blurs...gain-36268

If however it is there naturally (organically from) there really is no way to tell. But, Google goes to great lengths to ensure that nobody can reliably force any site into an organic listing position, whether on local or regular search.

Finally, it's important to remember that search result positions mean nothing without the context of the search query. It isn't hard to push a site to #1 position for obscure or non-competitive keywords.

So, if your listing is paid, somebody somewhere had to fund the local listing placement. If it's organic placement, you'll have a very difficult time connecting any specific actions/individuals with the results you're seeing.

By the way, I noticed in the forum threads below that one person actually walked into WMS offices and confronted them. He eventually got a full refund.

The lesson to everyone is that you should be very cautious about unsolicited approaches for any kind of service. There are a lot of confidence artists out there. You're on much safer ground doing research on the web and getting personal references to find an established reputable SEO company to do your marketing services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Web Snyxius - 06-22-2014, 03:53 AM
[] - vishal s - 06-22-2014, 03:58 AM
[] - Shutter Down - 06-22-2014, 04:02 AM
[] - Dave A - 06-22-2014, 04:10 AM
[] - David Lenef - 06-22-2014 04:16 AM