This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is a long distance relationship ever a good idea?
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM

Long distance relationships are really, really difficult. It takes a lot of patience, a lot of work, and a lot of money. I've been in THREE! So I have plenty of experience in this. I find that if you know the person first and then they move and the relationship becomes long distance that it works better than if the relationship starts long distance. The first few months of relationships are fragile. You are getting to know each other. You need time together, to feel the butterflies and the spark or whatever, and you don't really get that the same way in a long distance relationship. Gas or plane tickets are a killer. Communication is difficult, especially if there is a time difference. There are a lot of jealousy and trust issues, too. Sometimes I sit here wondering, "what is he doing right now?" And there is no way to know. When you get into a LDR, you are going to be on different wave lengths, too. She is going to want to text you every day and expect a call from you three times a week, but you on the other hand will want to text every day and only call once a week. Something along those lines. She might want to text you every other day but you want to text her all day every day. These things happen and they lead to big arguments. You have to be a superb communicator. When you get in fights, there is no make up time. You don't get to apologize and give them a hug and kiss and convey how much you care. You get to text them and tell them sorry and hope they believe it. There are good parts about LDRs, though. You get to have time to yourself. You don't have to spend every waking moment with that person. You can keep aspects of your life private that you don't want her knowing about. You get to travel when you go visit her. You meet new people in new places and try new things. It's a hard situation but when you get it to work, it's wonderful. I'm currently dating a guy who lives 5 hours away. Before that, I was dating a guy in North Carolina(I'm in Texas), and before that, my boyfriend of three years moved to canada for school. Let me tell you, I would never volunteer for a long distance relationship. Sometimes it's out of your control. If it happens, it happens. But never go searching for one lol. It's not a pleasant experience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jessica - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - Julia - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - Jenna - 11-09-2012 09:22 AM
[] - Samuel - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - hi! - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - 2-Tone - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - LoneVoice - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - ஜ۩۞۩ஜ Gary - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
[] - Fallen_Angel - 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM