This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
have i lost my best friend?
11-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Being a freshman in college is a difficult time for anyone. It helps to have a close friend to go through things with at college. But knowing someone on Facebook for a few months is not a good basis for a close friendship. It may feel like it is, but trust me... it's not.

This friendship may or may not mend itself. But that can't be your focus. This is an important time in your life and there are many, many people out there who would be great friendship material for you. You can't spend your time mourning the potential loss of this one friend when you are in the middle of a majorly overwhelming situation as a freshman at college. If you do, years later, it will feel like time that was wasted.

Maybe you were being too clingy. That's totally understandable in your situation. Don't take it personally. You may even want to casually admit to her, without ratting out the other person, that you realize you were being too clingy because of everything that's new in your life right now. It's natural to want there to be something constant and stable. But you need to understand it's not her job to help you adjust to college life.

You probably haven't lost her as a friend. She probably just needs some space. Give it to her and go about getting to know other people and start the process of building your social circle. She will either join it in time, or she won't. Either way, you have to move forward because this is the best time of your life and you can't waste it on a silly mistake. Learn from it and be a bit more self-reliant next time. But don't let it ruin your college experience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
have i lost my best friend? - Sean - 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
[] - N1c0 - 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
[] - Bax - 11-09-2012 09:36 AM