This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't feel excited to go back to college at all...should I have transferred last year?
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't feel excited to go back to college at all...should I have transferred last year?
Last year was my first year of school about 4 hours away. I was super depressed and homesick but as the year went on, I felt A LITTLE bit better. I was back and forth about transferring home to a small liberal arts school in my area. I decided not to in the end from fear of losing the friends I had made. Now, since I've been home for the summer, I've been loving life again. I am completely dreading going back and now that it's down to only 4 or 5 days, I am depressed. I cry for no reason and I'm frustruated. It's like I'm homesick and I haven't even left yet. I'm annoyed at myself because I look on Facebook and Twitter etc and everyone is soooo excited to go back. I just don't understand? I thought this year would be better but maybe I'm not meant to go away. I'm an only child and very attached to my mom. But I promised myself that even if I came home, I'd join a sorority at this small school and keep my retail job that I LOVE. I can't help feeling that by going away to school I'm trying to do what I feel like "looks good" rather than do what I really want. I feel like a failure if I come home even though this is where I'm truly happy. I understand no one really loves leaving home and everyone is happy at home but I think this isn't normal. Please give me advice on what to do, I know I'm the only one that can decide in the end, but I just need some opinions. Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I don't feel excited to go back to college at all...should I have transferred last year? - L - 10-01-2012 11:31 AM
[] - Michael Johnson - 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
[] - giganticrainstorm577 - 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM