This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Laptop wireless turning itself off/ going unusually slow? 5 stars best answer?
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Laptop wireless turning itself off/ going unusually slow? 5 stars best answer?
I was at university for a while and while there i always used LAN, however now that i am at home i need to be able to use my wireless again. I use to use wireless on my current laptop but it got re-booted if thats the correct term ( windows re-installed). Anyway now when i try and use my wireless on this laptop it does work but it goes super slow and most times the connection just times out. The wireless works fine on my phone/ipod, other family memeber laptops and the internet on the main computer connected to the router its just mine. Also it turns itself off when my computer goes to sleep and when i turn my computer off and it doesn't turn itself back on automatically, i already changed the power saving setting and updated drivers. Is there anything else i can do to fix this? Signal strength for the router is all green bars - excellent
It use to work with this laptop before it got re-booted and now it's dodgey. It seems to be working slightly ok with loading some sites but if i try to go onto news.com.au for example it just wont load at all. With other web pages it seems to slow down and then if i close the internet all together and then open it again it speeds up but only for a little while. Can't load facebook games/apps.
Thnaks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Laptop wireless turning itself off/ going unusually slow? 5 stars best answer? - RedDead - 11-09-2012 09:40 AM
[] - Hydra - 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM
[] - AAj - 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM