This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Laptop wireless turning itself off/ going unusually slow? 5 stars best answer?
11-09-2012, 09:48 AM

Not to be taken as an insult, but judging by your terminology, you're not extremely computer literate.

The correct terminology you are looking for, for what happened to you is: "Hard drive formatted, and Windows reinstalled'

'booting' is when the computer hands off control to the operating system and begins to load. (Black screen with lots of info turns into windows loading screen)

'rebooting' is when you restart your computer completely, causing it to POST (that black screen with info) and boot the OS (windows loading)

Also when you say ("if i close the internet all together") I believe you mean 'internet browser.'

Ok now to try and help you with your true question...

Make sure that you download drivers from your Laptop/NIC manufacturer (Network interface controller aka your wireless card.) Don't use windows update for all of your drivers, if you don't absolutely have to.

If you have already done that, is it possible you're unknowingly engaging your wireless on/off switch, assuming your laptop has one..? I tend to do it alot when my laptop is in my lap as it's on the front and is easy to engage.

If not, it could be possible that you've accumulated malware to the point of it effecting your ability to connect wirelessly, in which case I would advise you to find someone who is learned in computers, to format your hard drive, and reinstall windows for you. Unless you're willing to tackle it on your own. In which case I would be glad to walk you through it. [ Hydranix@gmx.com ]

P.S. If you opt to find someone to reinstall windows, do NOT let them charge you more than $20 for it, as its very very easy to do. Repair shops, and non-warranty manufacturer mail-ins will rip you off, mislead you, and claim that there are various hardware issues that need to be fixed. (Which is a shameful lie.)

Update:
I wouldn't recommend disabled adapters, if you don't know what they're for. You might have trouble down the road, if you forget that you disabled them.

I have some files I uploaded earlier. Download these ones,
HijackThis.exe
Malwarebytes Install.exe
rootkitremover.exe
antirootkit.exe
Firefox Install.exe OR Chromium Install.exe

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B-J0B0...xtd0k/edit

Install/Run them in any order, and let them see if they can find any uninvited guests in your computer.

Firefox and Chromium are web browsers. if you don't already use one of them, installing and using one is beneficial to your computer. They may also help your connection or even fix your problems.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Hydra - 11-09-2012 09:48 AM
[] - AAj - 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM