This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I unfriend my friends on facebook?
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Should I unfriend my friends on facebook?
I joined an organization a few years ago. I made friends, both with the leadership and my fellow members. I have recently come to the conclusion that these people are not my friends and have been lying to me.

We had a major event recently where I made some suggestions. I don't mind being told that my suggestions are not feasible, nor do I mind being told that they need to think about them. What I do mind and what hurts me deeply is being ignored, the only answer being silence.

I told the leaders that I wanted to host an event in my home. I am well aware of the time it takes to get to where I live, however, there are several major transportation hubs that will get people to where I live in a short amount of time. I did as they asked and checked for train problems for the date I mentioned. Again no answer.

There was an event this weekend with this group. I initially said I was going, but after seeing the emails that they ignored my request to host, I ignored their emails requesting a final RSVP. On the day of the event, having not responded, I waited for a message confirming my attendance. Still none.

I am beyond mad right. I feel very hurt and disrespected. I do not seek a leadership role, but I need to know that my opinions and membership is valued, which I feel it isnt. I am only human and make mistakes, but I am also hurting. Many of these people are my friends on facebook. Should unfriend them and be done with it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I unfriend my friends on facebook? - di12381 - 11-09-2012 10:35 AM
[] - ideaquest - 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM
[] - Bossycarl - 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM
[] - Miss Princess - 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM