This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I prepare to deal with reverse culture shock?
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM

It's hard to feel like you're missing out on things back home. And, I won't lie and tell you that you'll just make a smooth transition once you get back home. The reality is that reverse culture shock does affect most people. But you should feel thankful that you had such a great opportunity to go abroad. Think about everything that you did and learned while you were away.

While it may be hard for people back home to understand what you went through, try to find someone else who has gone abroad and been through it. They will be able to relate to your feelings and be able to offer the most support.

Feel free to check out my digital magazine called Native Foreigner (http://www.nativeforeignermag.com). It is designed to help travelers just like yourself who are returning from a long-term international trip. If you subscribe to the magazine, you also receive free access to the online community, which is great for support. But there are also several blog posts on the site that provide advice on how to deal with reverse culture shock.

Best of luck and enjoy the rest of your time abroad!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lindsay - 11-09-2012 11:00 AM
[] - AVE - 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
[] - firefly_fliesby - 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM