This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pony Club Experiences?
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM

I myself am not interested in ever joining pony club, for various reasons. (at least this applies to where I live). First of all, most of the (older) girls in PC are basically snobby spoilt brats who drink alcohol and smoke weed all the time. Second, the clubs where I live (mind you, I think we only have 2 or 3) make PC all about riding aspect- and pretty much all the girls I know ride in harsh equipment without any regard to the horse. I do not see riding a horse as just that- as I work under a professional horse trainer (ground work) and have been doing so for 3 years. If I were to do something like that, I'd like some camps or seminars every so often teaching these spoilt girls how to respect their horses. Third- all the PC horses (where I am) are lesson ponies who are as push button as they come. They're overworked and overjumped to get these girls their higher ratings. And fourth- eh. I really just don't like it! A lot of the girls I know who join PC turn into little brats as soon as they enter it- like a cult. XD Then they hop on their push button ponies and whip and beat the crap out of them because that's all they learn in PC. (other than useless anatomy facts that I don't need to know unless I am going into a veterinarian field)

HOWEVER, and sorry to go on that rant above, (hope it didn't scare you. Tongue but that is my experience! I see from other commenters theirs were a lot better.) PC is different everywhere. Do you know the girls personally in the PC? Do you get along with them? Pony club would be a great opportunity to build up confidence, as they might put you on different horses who CAN carry you safely over certain jumps. If you want to enter some type of equine field (vet , breeding , instructor, ect) I know PC offers some great scholarship opportunities. They will not push you to jump higher than capable, as there are many different levels and ratings which you can work up to at your own pace. No one will think of you as any less of a rider- I know plenty of people who can barely jump and are great flat riders (compared to some who CAN jump)

All in all, it's your decision. PC will offer great experiences (if you are friends with the girls) and fun opportunities.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pony Club Experiences? - Jasmine - 11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
[] - Kate - 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
[] - branna - 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
[] - NeverShoutLaura - 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
[] - Driver - 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
[] - HunterJumper - 11-09-2012 11:10 AM