This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Learning Game Development on Windows 8?
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM

I think that programming windows store apps would not work, yet.. You see, Windows 8 is still in Release Preview phase.. Only guys from Microsoft know how to create those apps.. But, if you say you're a good C++ programmer.. then.. Why not create a real C++ game?! Smile If you want so - continue

GAME DEVELOPMENT is REALLY, REALLY HARD! It's not "just one man work".. You need to have your own team! You must have a good programming experience..! Most of the games created nowadays are built using C++.. it is a really hard programming language to learn, it does take years.. I think you already know that Wink You can learn some stuff in days, but you need to create a lot of programs and do participate to various competitions to actually start to think about creating a game! If you think you are not good enough - that's fine, you can download FPS Creator X10 & start creating your first person shooter game without programming at all Big Grin (yeah, but it is full of limits.. and I hate having limits in my programs.. :-) )
If you think you are good enough for real stuff.. Then - check the platform you are programming on! Windows 8? Well, why not Windows 7? It would work on Windows 8, too.. Big Grin For the beginning, you can start OpenGL programming.. Counter Strike is rendered using OpenGL, ya know?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nemanja - 11-09-2012 12:08 PM