This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex is engaged. He thinks I'm crazy???
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Ex is engaged. He thinks I'm crazy???
My ex fiance and I have been broken up for a year. We are both 23. Together for 3 years. It wasn't a surprise when the break up happened. We had been trying to make it work for over a year. I was pretty invested in the relationship so of course it hurt that he finally gave up on us.

I started dating someone about a month later and things have gone great! I'm back in school, have a better job, and overall feel like I'm treated better in this relationship than my last. We moved in together about a month ago. We've talked about marriage but I told him I dont want to make this mistake of getting engaged to young/early again so I want to wait at least until I'm done with school (2 years). We've been together 10 months.

Anyway, I ran into my ex's brother at the grocery store and he informed me that my ex is now engaged. He has been dating the girl for 6 months (she's 19/he is 23).

I told him to tell him congrats. I thought I handled the situation pretty well. I mean of course it hurts to hear that someone I cared about is already promising his future to another woman. But I was polite and sincere to his brother.

So of course I went onto facebook to see what this new lady is like and my ex's profile is public. He posted a status saying, "You're pathetic acting like you don't care. You're just mad that I love her more than I ever loved you."

I don't know if it was directed to me but I'm sure it was. Why would he say this? I never said anything hurtful to his brother and haven't even spoken to my ex since the breakup. I assume his brother lied to him and told him I was upset when I found out.

Should I say anything or let it be? Honestly I just want to let it be but people keep asking me if I am upset over the engagement. I've just responded that I wish him well and that it doesn't really bother me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ex is engaged. He thinks I'm crazy??? - hello - 02-19-2014 12:50 PM
[] - native c - 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
[] - Mr. Marcus - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM