This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do these pictures tell you about feminism? (Before and After Feminism a Comparison)?
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM

The pictures are propaganda to promote traditional gender roles from a time when life seemed simpler and easier for some women, especially probably trophy wives whose husbands had a lot of money. Have you ever read Angela"s Ashes,a true story about a wife and children living in desperate poverty because the sole breadwinner was an alcoholic, That was also a part of the reality too then and the picture is much more bleak.

I am a feminist and I have no problem if you want to do be a trophy wife, yourself. However, I do have to a problem if you promote it as a lifestyle to young girls in our modern world when divorce is so common place and girls are getting good education and they have aspirations to doing more with it than getting a MRS.. In the 21st century with one in two marriages ending in divorce, it is just unrealistic to expect a man to look after you for the rest of your life, especially when there are so many other options open to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Know It All - 10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
[] - yac - 10-15-2012 06:23 PM