This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do employers take looking at facebook profiles of a potential employee so seriously?
03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
why do employers take looking at facebook profiles of a potential employee so seriously?
I know that facebook is not private, and anything you post can get into the wrong persons hands.its the internet after all.

but social networking is a popular thing now days, and i dont think facebook is a resume. maybe they should glance at it, but why does that determine if someone is cut out for the job? they read into it too much in my opinion.

people are people. we have lives outside of work. we arent perfect. even if you dont post a picture of yourself at a bar, other people post them regardless if you are ok with it or not. even if you untag yourself, its still there. so how is that your fault?

i posted a picture of shots. no one drinking them, just a picture of drinks. everyone made a big fuss over it. im 20 and not 21 so i guess thats a good enough reason to take it down. but really? im in college. not saying that its ok, but how is one picture of a drink a bad thing?? im not even drinking it! so that gives you a good enough reason to not hire me?

i just think that employers read into facebook profiles way too much. facebook profiles misinterpret people all the time. why dont they look into other things when looking to hire a potential employee?
things that actually portray someone, not a facebook profile!

if you want to look at my facebook when hiring me, why dont you put in the job requirements, facebook profile required.
what are your opinions on this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
why do employers take looking at facebook profiles of a potential employee so seriously? - anonymous - 03-07-2014 03:30 PM
[] - scott b - 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
[] - 780 - 03-07-2014, 03:44 PM
[] - Kenneth - 03-07-2014, 03:47 PM
[] - Quizzard - 03-07-2014, 04:03 PM
[] - Sarah - 03-07-2014, 04:12 PM