This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feel like im nothing in my husband's life?
03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Feel like im nothing in my husband's life?
I got married 7 months ago n currently staying with my mother in law. My husband is an only child and we promised to take care of my mil in law together. My fil passed away 12 yrs ago. The problem I hv is my mil interferes in ourlive too much n we had some problems recently and only yesterday she confronted me saying she is d most important person in my husband's life and whatever happens she is the only person that my husband has. She also said my husband told her he regretted marrying me and their lives together before I came into the picture was happy and carefree. I ruined everything. I later told my husband and asked if what she said was true. He told me he never said such a thing. He made it clear that his mom and I are both important in his life and as his wife I am somehow more important than her. He also said how ever well he takes care of his mom he will do the same for me and even more coz I am all that he has. I accepted all he said and am gratefull beyond believe but I am really unhappy when he said just ignore his mom coz she always want to win all argument as she she is someone with a big ego. What I really want is for him to stand up for me and let her know where I stand in his life. We are married for God's sake and I have the rights to be repected and heard as a wife. I want her to acknowledge me. In fact she was the one who introduced me to her son and now she's saying that she had better choices than me. My husband was adopted by the way and he feels like he owes her everything. He sacrificed his life for her and he told me since my fil passed away he never get what he wanted and when he married me I was what he really wanted n I am the best thing that happened to him. Tell me what can I do to protect my marriage? Please advice. I love my husband and i've tolerated my mil but she's reaching my boiling point. I don't want to ruin their mother and son relationship but I am hurt.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Feel like im nothing in my husband's life? - Zzz - 03-24-2014 04:24 PM
[] - Forever - 03-24-2014, 04:29 PM
[] - Laura - 03-24-2014, 04:38 PM
[] - Good Life by Love - 03-24-2014, 04:40 PM