This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will internet social networking sites ever go away?
03-27-2014, 02:57 AM

first off, i don't see why talking over the internet is worse or less "social" than talking in real life. the only difference is there is no physical interaction.

a lot of what you're saying is centered around the belief that socializing over the internet or other electronic media is "less social" than doing it in real life. could you explain WHY socializing electronically is less "social"?

what's the big deal with people not holding real-life conversations anymore? like i said, it's just as "social"

next, WHY do these sites take up a lot of time? because people like them, of course!

if your friends only plan stuff online, why don't you just make an account on these social networking sites and use it sparingly, just to check up on these plans? you don't have to use it all the time.

yes, i'll admit that having an internet boyfriend or girlfriend is bad, but only because people lie about themselves on the internet.

text messaging, again, is just another form of communication. it's still just as social

and myspace isn't the only social networking site out there, so you can't use it as an indicator for how social networking is catching on in general. perhaps myspace couldn't keep up with its competitors
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - JK ultimate - 03-27-2014, 02:56 AM
[] - _anonymous_ - 03-27-2014 02:57 AM