This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone explain to me how the ACA is a success with all that is wrong with it?
04-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Can someone explain to me how the ACA is a success with all that is wrong with it?
The whole scheme was risky enough to begin with— getting enough enrollees and making sure 40 percent are young and healthy. Obamacare is already far behind its own enrollment estimates. But things have gotten worse. The administration has been changing the rules repeatedly— with every scrimmage-line audible raising costs and diminishing revenue.

First, it postponed the employer mandate. Then, it exempted from the individual mandate people whose policies were canceled (by Obamacare). And for those who did join the exchanges, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is “strongly encouraging” insurers to — during the “transition”— cover doctors and drugs not included in their clients’ plans.

The insurers were stunned. Told to give free coverage. Deprived of their best customers. Forced to offer stripped-down “catastrophic” plans to over-30 clients (contrary to the law). These dictates, complained their spokesman, could “destabilize” the insurance market.

Translation: How are we going to survive this? Shrinking revenues and rising costs could bring on the “death spiral”— an unbalanced patient pool forcing huge premium increases (to restore revenue) that would further unbalance the patient pool as the young and healthy drop out.

End result? Insolvency, before which the insurance companies will pull out of Obamacare.

Solution? A huge government bailout. It’s Obamacare’s escape hatch. And— surprise, surprise— it’s already baked into the law.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/2...694683.jpg

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can someone explain to me how the ACA is a success with all that is wrong with it? - Wanda Bagram - 04-02-2014 06:48 AM
[] - Sarah - 04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
[] - RayHere - 04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
[] - Joseph - 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM