This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does the free market many people advocate exist in any developed countries?
04-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Does the free market many people advocate exist in any developed countries?
I know I'm going to get answers from people who think free markets just mean trade between nations. I mean, no ones against that. But free markets entail no government intervention, privatization, etc. I think we need to distinguish from the theory and real, existing markets. Neoliberal policies (mainly crafted and influenced by the US and other first worlds) do create economies and countries in developing countries with free markets because loans they take require foreign investors, privatization, reduced social spending, and little government intervention. The countries following the model are the worst (Brazil, Argentina in the past, columbia, etc.). To me, people who advocate free markets is just nonsense, but in fact, they're really advocating first world domination neoliberal policies. Disagree? Agree?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Does the free market many people advocate exist in any developed countries? - joe s - 04-02-2014 01:00 PM
[] - kramreg - 04-02-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - Felsen - 04-02-2014, 01:15 PM