This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writers: Would you rather:?
04-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Hello Joss. You are my favourite question-er. Have I told you this before? What a fabulous question.
1) Commercial success or Literary Success?
This is hard to answer! I wouldn't mind having some padding in my pocket, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to bear with the shame of having made money off a pile of crap for the rest of my life. It'd suck to be associated with the writers that I've looked down upon for doing just that. I'll go for literary success just for some peace of mind.

2) Teach writing at the university level or high school level?
High school! I've been volunteering and working with high school youth from all sorts of backgrounds for a year or so and the things they go through are so amazing and heart-breaking. I know teaching isn't the same as counselling but even as a teacher I'd hope to have an impact on them in such a vulnerable stage of their life. I hope that teaching them to create worlds where they are in control will help them like it helped me when my real world was breaking. There's a lot of brats in high school though. Not sure how I'd handle that.

3) Teach a writing course at a writer's conference or teach a writing course online?
I'm terrible at public speaking and writers' conferences sound way too glamorous for little old me. Online would be nice, I wouldn't mind meeting my students in real life at some point for a coffee either!

3) Write a short story or a novel?
Novels please.

4) Go on a blog tour or a physical book tour?
Physical book tour! That would be full of amazing.

5) Have a facebook author page or a twitter account?
I think facebook! I haven't got a very active twitter account, but I feel like facebook has more reach and there's a lot more things you can do on it!

6) Write a book series or write a stand alone novel?
This is hard. It's still hard even if I can write several stand alone novels. I'm going to say book series for now, since I have a rather splendid idea for one if I do say so myself. (It's dreadful, actually, shh)

7) Write a serial for a magazine or write a novel?
I'd quite like to write a serial for a magazine! I'm the sort of author that loves interacting with fans, and seeing their ideas and thoughts after each installment would be great Smile

8) Self-publish or publish with a trade publisher?
I'd feel really unworthy if I had to resort to self-publishing at any point, so option 2 Smile

9) Have control over your title or have control over how your cover design?
Title. I'm terrible with art and would do a catastrophe of a job on my cover design.

10) Have a movie based on your book or a tv show based on your book?
If it was a standalone, then a movie. If it was a series, then a tv show!

11) Have Stephen King blurb your book or have J K Rowling blurb your book?
Urgh. This is hard. I want to have an audience with a younger population so perhaps J K Rowling?
xxChae
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Writers: Would you rather:? - Joss - 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM
[] - 543 - 04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
[] - The Writer - 04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
[] - David - 04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
[] - Miss T - 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
[] - Jasmin♥ - 04-03-2014, 07:14 PM
[] - Gemi - 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM
[] - 244 - 04-03-2014, 07:24 PM