This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm so freaking bored, how do I not be bored?
04-04-2014, 08:06 AM

Frederick Nietzsche asked, "is life not 1000 times too short for us to bore ourselves?"

I think life really is too short. There's so much that can be done but no one has the resources and more importantly time to accomplish them all.

When you're bored, you should learn something. You say your bored 99% of the time, so what do you do for the 1%? This may sound corny, but make a list of things that interest you. You can tear it up when you done, but it could be enlightening.

You mentioned shoplifting. Expand on shoplifting. Are there new methods that are known by authorities and shop owners? What kind of new technologies are on the market? Let that expand into other subjects. Before you know it, you'll be a fan of everything. Then you'll be upset that you wasted time being bored.

Our brains are super computers, ask it a question. You will get answers. You won't always like the answers you get back, but that's where you can improve. There's a great article at http://actualized.org/articles/how-to-in...n-yourself that talks about the subject in more detail.

What do you want from life? It's OK not to know, but that doesn't mean you should give up trying to find out. When a missile is fired 99% of the time it's off-course, but they rarely miss their target. That's because they change course the whole way. Thousands of Micro adjustments brings them right to their intended target.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jay Arby - 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM
[] - Jimmie - 04-04-2014 08:06 AM