This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting highschool soon, any tips?
04-08-2014, 05:08 AM

Here's my advice.
I am going to be a sophmore. So I'm not too far ahead of you.
-Be yourself. If you don't eventually somebody will find out and spread the news like wildfire
-Though fights seem exciting, high school is a battle ground. If you see a fight don't stop and watch move along and get to class. If someone has a chance to blame something on you they will. Our school had a gang fight and sent 8 people to Juvy- be careful, alright?
-No matter what your upper classmen say, there is no 'freshman friday', where seniors and juniors prank you. It just doesn't happen. Though my brothers friend came up to me, picked me up and almost put me in a trash can. lol
- Since you're a girl, you can carry a purse. In that purse, keep your pencils, pens, girl stuff, a small snack, bottle of water, and a few one dollar bills and quarters if your school has vending machines or little events you want to participate in.
The snacks will come in handy, trust me. so will the water. And as for the pencils and pens, well come on. It's just easier then carrying a whole pencil pouch separate. When I did that my first semester of high school it got stolen.
- Organization is the key
Organization doesn't mean a binder for each class. It gets big and piles up and gets tough to carry. If the class doesn't require it's own binder, share it with another class.

Things I found helpful
- Purse
- 5 subject notebooks
- Backpack big enough to hold a sweater
- bringing two bottles of water to school
- Carry deo. and spray if you have gym class.

And for shits and giggles, there's a hashtag trend on twitter called #FreshmanAdvice, here are some that are obviously sarcastic, but will help me give you more tips

#FreshmanAdvice get pregnant
- relationships are a waste of time unless you truely think you can handle it
#FreshmanAdvice Don't have your face in the nudes you send
- Don't send nudes at all. Fly low on the drama meter

and that's about it.. good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Klowiee - 04-08-2014, 04:25 AM
[] - Ashley - 04-08-2014, 04:32 AM
[] - Drunkenpen084 - 04-08-2014, 04:38 AM
[] - Bright - 04-08-2014, 04:44 AM