This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get the word out about a new business?
04-08-2014, 05:07 AM

First, I'd post ad on Craigslist in whatever you believe would be the appropriate category, perhaps commercial real estate, sale/ rent /lease, etc.. I'd also take some pictures and upload them with the ad because people will notice and click on ads from the list if they see it has an image. Before writing the ad itself I'd brainstorm with a few trusted friends or people in business you respect and think of some of the different uses that could be made of the place. The best ones could be included in the ad. Then I'd look for ads others have placed to advertise property and steal some ideas from what you see them doing. Look for the most successful examples you can find to model. If your mother has marketing experience she'll know the main thing you want to do is sell benefits - not features. Features are secondary.

Next, you could google local classified ads/news, etc. by using a geo-modifier, e.g., classified + name of your town, and local news + name of your town and any other local online searches you can think of that would apply to what you're trying to do.

Just get creative. Ask yourself who you know who has experience in this. I wouldn't get too specific unless it's someone you absolutely trust so they don't steal your business.

As for the independent contractor agreement I'd make sure I was protected in that the compensation and terms were clearly spelled out with specifics.

Hope that helps. Get creative - you can do it! Oh yeah, you can also have flyers made out listing all the potential benefits of the place you're trying to rent/sell/lease or whatever. Keep them with you and give them out when you go to your dry cleaners, eat out, get your hair done, etc.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - onelove898 - 04-08-2014, 04:50 AM
[] - cheavalroi - 04-08-2014, 04:56 AM
[] - alval04 - 04-08-2014, 04:59 AM
[] - Vrs - 04-08-2014 05:07 AM