This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to deal with a friend who is a pathological liar.?
04-08-2014, 05:03 AM

Reminds me of a friend that I had. We were friends for 15 years (we're both 23 now.) She was my best and ONLY friend for about 8 of those years. She meant a lot to me, and I totally understand where you are coming from. But, this friend of mine also had some psychological issues that just didn't appeal to me. She and I grew apart years ago, and I was trying so hard to hold on to the friend I had in the past. I would say: take the past with you, and walk away. You need to eliminate the people in your life that you KNOW you just can't save. I did the same. It's been 3-4 years, and I haven't thought about her in a long time. I feel like I don't have to worry about her anymore. She since has been in the paper for DUI's and the like. Those are her problems. She never came back to me, and your friend probably won't either. Your friend tells you these lies because she knows that your relationship is lost, and she just doesn't care anymore. She's simply feeding off of your NEED to be HER friend. Take my word for it, love. You are an intelligent human being, and it is good that you are asking for help. I just wish I had this kind of help years ago.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Praco - 04-08-2014, 04:48 AM
[] - InstantKarma - 04-08-2014, 04:49 AM
[] - althea - 04-08-2014, 04:54 AM
[] - Stephanie - 04-08-2014 05:03 AM