This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I not allowed a phone, and any social networking sites?
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Why am I not allowed a phone, and any social networking sites?
I am mid way through high school and all of my friends have either got iPhones, Samsung's, or Nokia Luminas. All of my friends and class mates are either on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and anything like that. It does make me feel awkward when they ask why I am not on there. The reason to that is my mum, wont let me, she says it will ruin my school life, but my friends who had phones, and social networking sites, do really well, in school and at the moment so am I. I do have a phone but, it can only take simple phone calls and messages, there's no wi fi, Bluetooth, or anything, even the cameras useless. Ever time I ask to change it she says no. I do offer to pay out of my own money as well.The thing that bothers me the most is that my younger brother has an iPod, the newest one that has just come out, my dad had bought for him, my brother said that my mum said to him that I didn't deserve it anyway, because all I would do is use it for social networking. I don't live with my dad and I wouldn't feel right taking anything that expensive off of him, because he isn't that rich, and can barely survive on the money he's got. I use his old phone right now, so my mum never bought a phone for me. He had to borrow money to pay for my brothers iPod. He got it for my brother because he begged it from him. I wouldn't want to do that, my mum and brother say I am not allowed to use it anyway. My birthdays coming up and I don't know what to ask for, because all of my friends and family asked for phones or tablets, and I know I wont get anything like that, usually I just get clothes. Am I being childish thinking like this, I don't want to kick up a fuss because I don't like attention seeking.

Thanks guys, please reply responsibly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why am I not allowed a phone, and any social networking sites? - Aisha - 04-08-2014 08:04 PM
[] - Pablo Aguirre - 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
[] - Vamsi - 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
[] - Natasha Lee - 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM
[] - Gin - 04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
[] - Ted C - 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM
[] - thankfulConqueror228 - 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM
[] - Johny - 04-08-2014, 08:54 PM