This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I go to high school?
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM

-Listen, just to warn you, I'm going to sound like a mother, but I'm doing it out of a good cause.

When people go to high school, they think "Oh cool, I'm grown a teeeeeen, I don't have to do anything but fun fun fun and not care about school. It's like middle school anyway."
That is 110% incorrect.
Look, I don't know if you're looking for tips on the social aspect of high school, but I'm going to focus on the main, and most important part of high school- academics. High school is the 4 years that start to determine where your are going to be for the rest of your life.
Many kids walk in first day, thinking it's nothing but fun and party and hangtime. Do you know how many of them wanted to punch themselves in the face senior year?

Once you get to high school, everything counts. In middle school, you could be getting D's and C's, have a 2.0 GPA and hardly pass without consequence. Many fail to realize this is invalid in high school. That F you got in English during freshman year? Brought your GPA down and came to haunt you, since it kept you a few points from graduating senior year with a 4.0 GPA. Got D's in nearly every class? It's not like middle school where everything magically "disappears.." Colleges and Universities can see that. Got caught cheating, just to take a small reassuring look at your neighbor's paper? Oh yea, Colleges can see that also. Didn't get into your prestigious dream college, even though your senior year was beyond extraordinary? Oh yeah, you were a major screw up during freshman year and sophomore year, sorry. Many don't realize high school is vastly different from middle school, you don't get second chances or passes and every slightest action academically, and in many cases physically, is caught, recorded and is back to haunt you during senior year. Many seniors look back their four years and think "What if?", "What if I actually cared in freshman year?", "What if I didn't fail sophomore year? These four years of high school are what determine that start of your future. Everything counts. So make it count.
Take that into consideration please, high school doesn't seem much but a big 'ol building with kids going through puberty, but that "big 'ol building" determines your future life. Making friends in high school is all fine and good, but if you want it the hard way, graduation comes and what's left is only you and your grades.

Focus on academics once you get into high school, that's my only tip.
Goodluck!<3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I go to high school? - OliveTree - 04-08-2014, 08:21 PM
[] - ☮I♥NCIS☮ - 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
[] - Daeim - 04-08-2014, 08:32 PM
[] - immensedock856 - 04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
[] - Hi - 04-08-2014, 08:43 PM
[] - ? - 04-08-2014 08:52 PM