This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social networking as an artist?
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Social networking as an artist?
I'm trying to plug myself in as an artist in the social network community (twitter, tumblr etc) but am unsure as to where to start. I have opened up a twitter, tumblr, facebook, and a youtube account. I also want to make a deviantart account. I don't want to be too ambitious. I'm pretty new and unestablished.

I've been drawing for ten years. I've more recently taken up photography. Going to art school. I wanted to promote my works and make some video tutorials and time lapse art videos.

So my question is where to start? Should I start by marketing myself with one of the social network sites (like just trying to promote my twitter or tumblr etc) and then tackle the others? I really want to do tumblr and youtube, so I can blog my tutorials and time lapse videos. How many hours/time should I invest in marketing? How do people on tumblr get people to view their blogs? Should I be blogging, creating videos on a regular basis even though I have no followers yet or do I wait?

I made one post to give you guys an idea (but just to the tumblr, I don't want to come across as spamming my social sites http://blackrose-kane89.tumblr.com/ )

A few tips I heard were being active in related forums with a blog link attached to your signature, same with deviantart.
I also read that reblogging/liking/following blogs is a good way, but who exactly do I want to like/follow/reblog?

Any who has had some success please let me know where I should start.
I also read that reblogging/liking/following blogs is a good way, but who exactly do I want to like/follow/reblog?

Any who has had some success please let me know where I should start.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Social networking as an artist? - Angel - 10-15-2012 08:46 PM
[] - Kharr - 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM