This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
broke up with my ex about 3 weeks ago and he's already hitting on other girls. WHY???
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM

There can be a number of reasons for this:

- it's the rebound effect; he's doing this as his way of coping with the break-up.

- He's trying to make you jealous; I don't know the ins and outs of your relationship or who broke up with who but he might be doing this to get a reaction out of you. If it's likely that he wants you back then this might be a possibility although if he's a mature upfront guy then this is probably not the reason.

- He's moved on; guys minds don't work like ours, they don't hold on to feelings in the same way we do. I've seen this before and after a long term relationship, the guy moved on after a week and his reasoning for it was "there's no point crying over something I can't change, might aswell move on.."

- Possibly the hardest explanation to accept: he just wasn't that bothered all along.

Because I don't know either of you, I can't tell you which out of those reasons it is, that's for you to decide.

So what next.. You can do one of two things. Ignore him and remove all forms of contact with him until you feel you've moved on completely but this will mean that if you have a friendship with him still, it'll have to be sacrificed short term OR if you feel that you still have a good enough friendship with him, you can talk about it. Make sure you don't come across aggressively but explain that it's making it harder for you do move on. The downside of this is that it may come across a bit petty as the reality of it is that you're not together anymore so he's free to do what he wants and he's only flirting although you have every right to feel hurt by this. But if he still cares for you as a friend, he will understand.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Caleb - 04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
[] - M - 04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
[] - That Darn Ferret - 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM
[] - Destiny - 04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
[] - LoveGuru - 04-28-2014 06:45 PM