This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you deal with loss of interest?
06-02-2014, 11:11 AM
How do you deal with loss of interest?
I've simply lost interest in most things. I start a book but can't finish it. I play a video game and quickly become bored. My hobbies have become a chore, I struggle to get anything done. I can't write music, I can't draw, I can't make videos. I sit in my room and do next to nothing all day. I never feel like doing anything anymore and I hate that. I never feel happy. I feel anxious all the time. I go for long walks about everyday, and that helps, but the loss of interest and lack of motivation is debilitating. This is nothing new, it's been like this for a while now. I tried talking about it with my mom once but it didn't help, it made me feel worse because she blames herself. I'm also trying to get a job and a car and my drivers license. I'm sure some of you know the stresses of those sorts of things.

So I ask, do you know any good ways of dealing with loss of interest? I'll try anything. I just want to be able to enjoy the things I love again. Please be kind : )
I find Tetris to be a very good stress reliever for me. I know I said games bore me, but this is one exception. When I play Tetris my mind doesn't wander, I'm totally focused on the game. Sort of a thought suppressor; an escape from reality. I play for hours sometimes. I even have Tetris dreams at night. I've gotten pretty good at it over the years too.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do you deal with loss of interest? - 848 - 06-02-2014 11:11 AM
[] - Luke Terrance - 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
[] - Naguru - 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
[] - Greg D - 06-02-2014, 11:41 AM