This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1988 Fiero 4 Cylinder Clutch Diagnosis?
06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
1988 Fiero 4 Cylinder Clutch Diagnosis?
Ok, I explained this problem to a few guys on a fiero group on facebook, and they told me to replace the master and slave clutch cylinders. I have already purchased them but I'm waiting for this weekend to install them. Ok here's whats goin on.

I have to press the clutch a couple times before it'll shift. If i leave my clutch in at a stop when its in gear, it feels like the clutch is disengaging and the car will move or die. The engine runs fine in neutral or while driving. Also, I noticed the fluid in the master cylinder resivior was low (I just purchased it 2 weeks ago) so I added it. Today it was harder to shift tham usual so I checked the fluid level again and it was nearly empty. I topped it off again and took it for a little drive and checked it again, it hadn't lost much fluid. I also noticed the fluid is really dirty. I'm wondering is there is possibly a leak in the line...I checked both the master amd slave and didn't notice any fluids leaking from them. Suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1988 Fiero 4 Cylinder Clutch Diagnosis? - Clyde Frog - 06-05-2014 11:12 AM
[] - hornchurchmale - 06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
[] - Hugo90 - 06-05-2014, 11:27 AM
[] - Fun Skater - 06-05-2014, 11:40 AM
[] - thebax2006 - 06-05-2014, 11:48 AM