This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 60 days NC, should I contact my ex to be friends?
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
After 60 days NC, should I contact my ex to be friends?
We broke up last year and for 9 months we were basically FWB. I decided I didn't want that anymore and it wasn't healthy for me anymore. In January, we had a fight, and I cut him out of my life. Blocked him on all social media.

It's been 60 days since the conversation and I've done some reflecting. I want him in my life, but TRULY as a friend, not FWB or a boyfriend. He was a huge part for 3 years and it feels weird without him there. He's been there for me when I've needed to make big decisions that have gotten me where I am now.

Should I text him something like "Hey, hope you're doing well. I've taken the last 2 months to think about things, and I'm reaching out to you because I want to be friends. You were an important and big part of my life for 3 years, and I do miss our conversations. You don't have to respond if you don't want to try, and that's ok, but I felt I should at least ask. I really hope you're doing well"

Like I said, I was the one who decided to end things and he didn't try to contact me the last 2 months.

Should I send that text?
He has a new girl and though it makes me a tad uneasy, I'm ok with it. I want him to be happy.

Maybe I should wait another month?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
After 60 days NC, should I contact my ex to be friends? - youaremysunshine21 - 06-12-2014 04:45 PM
[] - mp89x - 06-12-2014, 04:48 PM
[] - Jay - 06-12-2014, 04:56 PM
[] - sapphire - 06-12-2014, 05:06 PM