This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a record deal??
06-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Hey

I'm a rapper and I sing too and there's two ways you could get signed, The 1st is by having the record labels come to you by already having a big fan base (Over 100,000 People), Having Great music in the streets , and really by having a big buzz in your city and being famous locally and in other cities before your even signed, If you can do that the record labels will come to you that's what chief keef did and he got signed a 6 Million dollar deal but since you don't have much equipment and stuff I would suggest you go with the 2nd way and that's by making a mixtape with really good songs and they don't need to be good quality they just have to sound good then go to new york and give it to record labels instead of them coming to you and if your good like you said one of them will sign you but the thing about that is since you don't have a fan base your not gonna get a big deal you might get $50,000 for studio fees and music videos but your not gonna get famous right away it will take a few years like look at J Cole all he did was give his tape to Jay Z when he was coming out of the studio and he got signed 2 weeks later but he didn't really blow up until after 2 or 3 year.. its really depends on how big you wanna be..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get a record deal?? - Tupac - 06-17-2014, 07:37 PM
[] - jonny - 06-17-2014, 07:53 PM
[] - McLovin - 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
[] - asdlkghasdgh - 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM
[] - sammy - 06-17-2014 08:13 PM