This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
COLLEGE STUDENTS: What are five things you wish someone told you about college before your first day?
06-20-2014, 12:26 PM

Student loans are going to kill you when you get out. (it is common to have payment of over $500 a month)

GET HELP- don't wait until your grades drop to go to the tutoring center. Even with an A or B in the class, getting extra help is a good idea- also study with other students from the classes

TIme management and organization: can get you through college
Actually write out lists. What needs to get done each week and each day-even plan in time with your friends and to do laundry
to adjust -get a routine down as soon as you can.

Exercise- yes you are walking everywhere. But get in exercise each week. put it into your routine. Many college student gain weight-have you heard of the freshman 15? And regular exercise helps with the stress of college.

You will get sick- bring every over the counter medication you can think of.

Watch your new found freedom. I have seen many student who were did great in HS crash and burn with too much drinking and partying.

you do not need to be BFF with your room mate. Communication and compromise is the key. Get things hashed out the first week- food trash out everyday, no over night guests etc

Read your class syllabus for each class. keep it safe.

make sure you know each teacher's procedures for missing a class.

Do not assume, don't go by what "someone told me" Get facts direct. I heard there was no class today because of the snow...
Someone said the test date was moved... I thought I could park there...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - drip - 06-20-2014 12:26 PM
[] - 601 - 06-20-2014, 12:33 PM