This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get my puppy to stop biting ME!?
06-22-2014, 06:28 AM
How to get my puppy to stop biting ME!?
My family and I have 3 dogs currently. One of which is a baby 9 week old Pomeranian boy (his name is Buddy...) that we got last week when he was 8 weeks old. My family and I had all of our dogs since they were puppies and we've experienced teething, but it has never been this bad. I've tried giving him time outs, give him chew toys to bite on instead of my hands, but he finds more interest in biting people. I feel bad because I know his teeth are just growing in and this is normal puppy behavior, but when he bites hard, it feels like little needles. He has already bite my sister to the point she had a scratch that was slightly bleeding. I don't mind mouthing or nipping, but I do mind when he gets out of hand and start biting so hard. Sometimes he is trying to play because he starts growling and trying to rip around my arm like it is a chew toy. When he is tired or just woke up from a nap, he is so sweet, until 20 min later and he is in a reall bity mood. I noticed that he is very spunky like my other dog (pom-yorkie mix) was when she was a puppy. But she never bit that hard, but we got her when she was 11-12 weeks so she was older. But I don't think age is that big of a factor in this situation because my other dog(golden retriever who is now 12) we got when she was only 7 weeks because the breeder said she was 8 and lied. Untrustworthy breeder... But she too never was a bad biter. How can I get my little Buddy to learn that it is not okay to bite hard?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get my puppy to stop biting ME!? - kerry - 06-22-2014 06:28 AM
[] - Verulam 2 - 06-22-2014, 06:39 AM
[] - Cindy F - 06-22-2014, 06:44 AM
[] - isabelle - 06-22-2014, 06:50 AM
[] - Lorraine - 06-22-2014, 07:06 AM
[] - steven - 06-22-2014, 07:20 AM
[] - Animal Mum - 06-22-2014, 07:23 AM