This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help me to find the right keywords for my website SEO?
06-25-2014, 12:42 AM

I think what you need to do first is sit down and think - in general, what is my site about? I mean yes it is about tutorials but in general what kind of tutorials do I have on my site?

Technology tutorials, computer tutorials, it tutorials, free computer tutorials (free is a good term to capitalize on)...

Something simple that a user would type in on Google to find something you offer. - This is called finding a semantic core of your keywords - the foundation of your keyword research. Use keyword tools to get more ideas on these. Google Adwords tool will also allow you to type in your URL and get basic keyword suggestions to get started.

Find 2 or 3 core terms and write your site copy with those core terms in mind.

Then branch out and use keyword tools to find keywords for various sections of your site. PHP tutorials, free photoshop tutorials, how to use photoshop, - you get the point.

If you have a technology tutorial site ranked well on Google and want to find out what keywords they target, you can use backlink checker tools like SpyGlass to find their backlinks and see what anchor text is used in those backlinks - if the site is done with SEO in mind (which it probably is because it's ranked on top of Google), this anchor text will tell you all about competitor keywords.

great site idea btw Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jake - 06-25-2014, 12:38 AM
[] - Kim Cunnings - 06-25-2014 12:42 AM