This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writers: Would this annoy you to death?
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm sure that at first, I would be a bit excited about that, because it would be just...I don't know! As a new author, if that happened to me, it would be something of a blessing to me, knowing that they wanted more and everything. But, like you, it wouldn't take long for me to get annoyed by that.

I'm not a huge people-person anyway, and I'm annoyed by people in general, so getting nagged like that, and hearing or reading comments like that, would make me mad and maybe a bit spiteful. Writing should be a very deep and personal thing, not measurable or to be categorized. And no one can tell you what to write, when to write, or anything like that. People should be more patient and understanding of writers. For me at least, as a reader, anticipation is part of the fun of reading a series of books. I'll never forget those long nights of finishing a Harry Potter book and instantly obsessing over the release of the next one, whenever it was going to be.

Cheers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Cody - 11-09-2012 10:22 AM
[] - Gryphon - 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM