This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SM Entertainment Trainee Life?
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM

1. Would it be better to audition at the weekly auditon or the global one? (i live in australia)
Either one is good, there isn't much different but just the people around you.

2. While being a trainee can i live with my parents or live in a dormitory? (my parents are going to live in korea next year)
You can live with your parents but when you sign you have to stay in a dorm with all the other trainees (guys with guys and girls with girls).

3. What do you learn being a trainee?
You learn dancing, singing, another language, perhaps acting and modeling if you are lucky.

4. What is the schedule each day for a trainee?
It's different depending whether you have school or not.
If you don't go to school you normally wake up around 10 am and head to the building around 1 or 2pm (if you have a class around 1 you have to be there 15 minutes prior to the beginning). In a week you get 2 classes of 4 different dance styles and 2 singing classes. You get Saturdays off if you are a girl (not sure for a guy). You have dinner/ lunch whenever but normally before 7. You aren't allowed to eat ramen (some extra info ^^) You can take small containers of veges and things if you are on a diet.
You head back to the dorms around 10 or 9 depending. And basically after that you can do whatever but you need to tell the older trainees if you want to go out.

5. Can i use my phone or computer while being a trainee? (like use facebook, facetime, imessage or skype/)
If you are a trainee you have to delete your Facebook and things like MySpace. I don't think Twitter is banned as I know some trainees who have them. Of course you can use your phone and computer! It would help to have a music player or iPod so that you can practice by yourself between classes.

6. Are we in groups as we train?
You take your singing classes as one on one with the teacher but in dancing you stick with the girls if you are a girl and boys with boys... In fact the girls aren't really allowed to interact with the other sex. Dance groups might alter if someone has to take a different class at that time.

7. If your fat do you have to go on a big diet the first day you become a trainee?
Yeah you probably have to diet sooner or later. It's best to start early~

8. Do you have to do plastic surgery?
No you will not be forced into doing it but if you aren't comfortable with your face/ looks then you can consider doing it.

9. Would the teachers be nice or mean?
They are all nice ^^ They will only get mean if you don't try and give up easily (only if you do this over and over again)

10. Do you have to be pale skin, big eyes, tall before auditioning?
No!! Most idols I see from SM used to be SUPER dark before now! And you can see from SNSD some of them aren't very tall ^^...

11. If you cant really dance is that alright? (cause i cant really dance but can sing)
You will have to learn to dance no matter what. It will be fine because there are professionals that will help you with dancing and other trainees who probably will have gone through the same as you.

12. Do they make you do complicating dancing even if you cant dance?
Everyone will learn the same routine and it isn't very complicated... You will be taught to do the routine step by step and the teachers will help you.

13. How much allowance do you get?
I didn't know that they got allowances and I thought it was just a rumour...

14. Is it better to debut as a solo or a group?
Solo would be nice but in my opinion group would be better because
a. You have other group members and it will be nice to have someone doing the same things as you, e.g. when traveling to perform and such.
b. It will be more comfortable on stage
c. If you receive hate as one member then that's fine because the group will still do okay if they like other members. But as a solo you can't choose favorites.

But then again as a solo you have more of the income and a lot more fame if you are successful!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SM Entertainment Trainee Life? - p-k - 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
[] - Rachel - 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
[] - holepunch - 11-09-2012 10:34 AM
[] - kinski - 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM