This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was I in the wrong here?
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Was I in the wrong here?
Hey Y&A

So I'm single, currently going on dates with one person but I'm single. I commented on a friend of mines photo and noticed in the "people you may know" bar, a guy with a familar name. I clicked on his profile and he did look familar so I poked him on facebook. To see if he would think I looked familiar and if not then whatever, let it be. A few hours after I poked him I got a message from my friend asking how I knew him and why I poked him. I told her I don't know him, but why do you ask? And she went off saying her friend messaged her and asked why I poked her boyfriend and so on and so forth. Apparently she was wondering what I was "Trying to start" I was getting an ear full for nothing, and I wasn't even intrested in him that way I was just curious if he was somebody I knew.

I replied and than deleted her off facebook (She wasn't a good friend, just a friend I met through somebody we never talked or anything) "I didn't know him. I just poked him, and I don't understand why she's making such a big deal out of a poke? It was harmless and it's not like I inboxed him. If she is that insecure in her relationship than that's just sad."

I know it was rude, but I was getting an earful for something stupid.
My point is I didn't want to come across as adding him randomly, or messaging him because I didn't know if he had a girlfriend. His information was private. I thought a poke was harmless enough.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Was I in the wrong here? - mylifeasanovelist - 11-09-2012 11:16 AM
[] - Angela - 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
[] - jl - 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
[] - tilly - 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
[] - Arahzoo Khani - 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM