This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook on the way out due to increased lack of privacy? What do you think could replace it?
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Is Facebook on the way out due to increased lack of privacy? What do you think could replace it?
My account that I had since 2007 was disabled about 2 months ago. They requested that I send them (upload) a government issued id (drivers license, passport, etc). I refused and I've sent them emails and have only gotten one form letter back stating that i need to verify my account. i did send them my cell number security code and that wasn't good enough. so now i tried to sign up for a new account today and it took my cell # and then i got an email on my old account stating that my cell number was no longer associated with that account because of the new account. so long story long--lol i can't seem to get my old account back and now they are demanding id verifications for new accounts and are getting more and more strict which i think is ridiculous. do you think once they (and they plan to) ask ALL FB users to upload their ID's will people start leaving Facebook.

I'm now on twitter and i intend at this point to remain off facebook. luckily i saved most of my photos before uploading them. i advise everyone to post less information/pictures to this site because they are not to be trusted and you could lose your account for no reason like i did.
maybe some people don't care about giving out their info online or to "big brother" but that is not me. i will not do it for facebook or any social networking site.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is Facebook on the way out due to increased lack of privacy? What do you think could replace it? - SilverSky - 11-09-2012 08:12 PM
[] - farhana Akter - 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
[] - bravesnake416 - 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM