This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is having facebook or myspace good for my career?
11-13-2012, 06:09 AM

A lot of times I have heard on the News that Facebook etc has cost people there jobs. Employers have fired/not hired people b/c of the pics/content they posted on Facebook. I don't think it will effect you if you wanted to delete it. Start a blog to promote yourself too. You can control what people comment and I think it is better and more effective (less drama). Also, add yourself to the IMDB ( Internet Movie Database) website. I did this, and my name pops up in google every time. It helps get your name out there and allows you to post the shows you have done (resume). My name also comes up with my blog too. Even if you wanted to delete your account from Facebook, it will always remain there...my friends have already tried to quit, but there info is still out there in cyber space. Always think twice about what you post online, whether it be Facebook, Blogger, Myspace, whatever. Never post anything that can be used against you, or something you would be embarrassed if your mother found out. These are good rules to follow, especially if you are going into the public eye such as acting/singing/modeling. You have to be so careful these days.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Sherry - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM
[] - BigN - 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM
[] - XFree - 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM
[] - ▒Ðαη†є - 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM
[] - Help needed - 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM